Monday, September 15, 2003

the friday five

And yet again, I fail to fill out the Friday Five on an actual Friday. I have a really good excuse this time, however. I was on my death bed and stuff.

1. Is the name you have now the same name that's on your birth certificate? If not, what's changed?

Well, my last name has changed :) I got married in May, and so I changed it with the nice people at the Social Security Administration, and work, therefore it is all changed.

2. If you could change your name (first, middle and/or last), what would it be?

My new last name is groovy :) Much better than my original last name. I've never been fond of my first name, however. It sounds very trailer park trash-ish. How's about something nice and long. Elizabeth, Theresa, Cassandra...

3. Why were you named what you were? (Is there a story behind it? Who specifically was responsible for naming you?)

There's no real rhyme or reason to it. My mom worked with someone named Tammy at Sears before I was born, and they were friends, and hence I got sattled with said name.

4. Are there any names you really hate or love? What are they and why?

I really like Maria and Malia. My husband hates them, and I'm sure I'll never actually get to name a child such. They both mean "Mary" which is WAY too common a name in my family, but both of those just really strike me great names. Hobby, Wedge... (you know, the entire Rogue squadron--yub yub, commander). Mostly, he thinks up guy names for kids, and I think up girl names. I don't have a lot of guy names I am uber endeared to. Xavier is one. Thats about it.

Names I dont like.... most of the ones my husband does. And Bob. What the heck kind of a name is Bob. You bob for apples. You don't name your child that. Nicknames, nicknames nicknames.

5. Is the analysis of your name at kabalarians.com / triggur.org / astroexpert accurate? How or how isn't it?

Uhh... ok, here's what kabalarians says....
"Brief Analysis

The name Tammy creates a dual nature in that you can be very generous and understanding, but you can also be so candid in your expression that you create misunderstanding. You struggle with the requirement to soften your expression with tact and diplomacy and to consider the feelings of others. Difficulty in accepting advice or admitting that you may have made a mistake causes you to appear to be stubborn and set in your ways. Thus, you have too often created the wrong impression, and friendships have suffered. This name does offer creative talent where there is the opportunity for ingenuity and originality. You have a tendency, at times, to have too many ideas on the go, and thus your efforts are scattered and many things do not reach completion. You are inclined to do to excess the things you like to do. You have very intense feelings and find it difficult to maintain stability and happiness. If you allowed it, temper and self-pity could be problems."

Which I feel is accurate. Of course, it's a little vague like a horoscope, so I'm sure it's designed to be something easy to identify with.

The astroexpert thing didn't work out. None of the "sounds" listed were in my name, or anything I've named anything else, etc.

For the most part I think these are a bit of psychology mixed with a whole lot of superstition and really amount to a whole lot of nothing, especially if taken seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home