Tuesday, October 26, 2004

If only Chicago were more souther.

I have been thinking about this since I moved away from Chicago: If only it wern't more souther. If it were in... say... Texas, and didn't have those wonderful, special Chicago winters (was that 99 or 2000 with the 2 feet of snow and the cab driver dumping all my luggage into the dirty grey water and polution covered sludge in the gutter on Dearborn? the time--it flies so quickly), I'd totally be about living there. That place is still home to me. Sure I needed to come back here to finish growing up. 20's way too young to be a college graduate and trying to find your own job in the city. I was far too uncomfortable being social (I swear to God, I am almost autistic in my ability to NOT be able to handle face-to-face encounters with real human beings or even phone encounters. I'm still not good at it, but I fake it REALLY REALLY well) to actually find a job that'd pay enough to continue doing high falooting things like eating.

D00d I was so freaking poor in college. I lived on $30 a week. And I don't mean $30 a week walking money, I mean that was it, period. Food, clothing, everything. I didn't have money for textbooks, supplies, anything. It's hard work being that poor sometimes.

I wanna live in Chicago, but I want it to be warmer, and I don't want to live in a closet like I did last time.

I do believe in fairies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home