Monday, October 25, 2004

It's never long enough

No matter how long my breaks are, it's never long enough. It's strange, I feel burnt out and KNOW I need to get away and relax, etc. and so I finally do, then I come back, and I get kind of depressed about it, and feel even more upset about being back than before I left.

That being said--I had a great weekend. We took off Friday too, and I just had WAY too many chores before we could leave, and we ended up leaving very very late. I hate how much time I spend doing chores, and how I'll never have them all done. I have trouble relaxing. All I can do is think of the stuff I should be doing. I don't do a lot of the stuff I used to, like watch tv, go to movies, write.

That's a big bummer in my life. I want to practice my music, and I want to write, but I also want to have clean clothes, finally pick my bike up, have food to eat, etc.

I think part of the problem is that I get more fulfillment out of doing that stuff than my job. It tends to knock things out of focus when having a clean counter top gives you a bigger warm fuzzy than solving a really big problem at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home