Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Good German Cooking

I was about two steps out of the kitchen at work, when I smelled what I thought was warm sour kraut with maybe chopped up pieces of koscher pickles in it, and I said to myself ahh, the smells of home. I have an aunt who was born in Germany, and when I was a kid, she'd always make something like that when she came to visit, or we visited her. She's fun, and she's sane, and she's an awesome person, and I love her oodles of noodles, so it was a great censory recall moment that gave me a warm fuzzy.

Three steps later, I realized that was just the smell of the garbage juices emminating from the two large garbage cans on the other side of the water cooler.

Talk about ruining my day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Abby said...

Oh! Sorry to hear about your unpleasant realization. However, it's a sweet memory about your aunt.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home