Thursday, December 23, 2004

Actual, bonified good news

Dad took Melissa to the Oncologist and he said all of her counts looked good, and that she doesn't need to come back in to be checked again for six months. Every time she goes to the doctors to get checked, and he says she can come back after a longer period of time, I start feeling better and better, like she's beaten the Lukemia for real. It's been over two years since she was taken off the kemo, and I've been trying to not get too excted, because I know what she has has a VERY high mortality rate. 20% of the kids who get it only last 2 years, and of those 20% it's only another 20% that make it 3 years after that. So she's definately in that first 20% margin, I'm hoping we'll be blessed and she'll be part of that other 20%. I know she was on a very new drug (at the time) and that may change the odds for kids who have what she has, but I haven't seen any new statistics, so I don't want to get my hopes up too high.

But still... thumbs up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gretchen said...

That IS good news. My dad is dealing with a lukemia-like cancer right now, and I know what a rollercoaster it can be. Rejoice in the small victories!

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home