Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Status update

Thanks to those who sympathise with the seasonal depression thing. Things're doing better, and the world's looking ok today. Things're... liveable again. For now.

I think it's crazy that *so* many people are depressed, or have mental health issues, or have even seasonal depression. It's not that I don't believe we have a problem, I'm just wondering why there seem to be so many of us. Like, we're more of the population, than not. So does that mean messed up/chemically imbalanced people make up more of the population than chemically balanced people? I don't know.

But I got some writing done today. Yeah, I know you're all thrilled to death (feign interest. Fake interest is better than none at all). Checked out another book from the library. Which means I'm reading books. Which is both new and different. I went through a long period where I couldn't finish anything I started reading. Medication has helped with that. Maybe I should ask the Dr. to up the dose again.

I'm a systems analyst. More drugs can only help at this point, right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Gretchen said...

I always think of depression as a long walk on a hilly road: You have up days, you have down days, and most of the time, you'll just be thankful for the level days.

I too have noticed how many people deal with depression--and how many are women, and how many have blogs. I would be interested to see the statistics and psychological studies on blogs as they relate to depression.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home