Tuesday, January 18, 2005

At a loss.

I am sort of all out of words for now. Dangerous place for a wanna-be writer to be. I've been to the funeral home twice today. The first time it was mostly just family. Tonight the place was completely full. The entire funeral home. For her. It was powerful to see. There was actually a bus that came in from some other place in the city with women from an organization she belonged to. I still get teary-eyed when I think of how much she meant to all of those people.

If I could be half as generous and good as she was, I'd consider myself a success in life. I don't have any words at all for how much I looked up to her, and how much I want to be like her.

I hope everyone has at least one person like her in their life. I've been blessed to have two, and they both left me before I had learned all the lessons they had to teach. Nor was I as close to them as I wish I had been.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home