Sunday, January 23, 2005

Project Vodka

I accomplish more when I set goals for myself. Having a word count that I hope to accomplish usually helps me keep focus and keep plugging on until I meet and usually exceed the word quota for the day.

I do want to get some writing done today, but I'm kind of in a slump and I'm not feeling very creative. That's where Project Vodka comes in. I plan on finishing the bottle of Skyy vodka I've had for over a year and a half tonight. And I'm well on my way towards my goal. I've consumed half of the remaining vokda in the last hour and a half. Of course, I'll have to step up my consumption rate in order to put that whole "Inhabitions" portion of my brain to sleep enough to actually start writing without worrying about the juxtaposition of every single word I'm slathering on the page. They may not make sense, hell they may not even be spelled correctly, but they'll be there. And when you're two months past when you wanted to be done with the stupid thing, quantity is way better than readability.

Project Vodka: bottoms up!

1 Comments:

Blogger Gretchen said...

Did you ever read Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott? She talks about the "shitty first draft." I imagine many of them are alcohol-related. It's the only way not to edit yourself to death as you're writing. :)

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home