Friday, February 25, 2005

Bitchfest 2005

Similar to, but not to be confused with Gloatfest 2004. I'll try to keep this organized.

People Who've Gone Out of Their Way to Give Others a Bad Day While Making Themselves Look Stupid.

1) I don't talk about politics or religion on this site. It's sort of a personal policy. Because
a) nobody cares what I believe. Opinions are like armpits and all.
b) Its not worth getting into a debate or flamewar with someone--neither opinion's going to change.

2) I'm obviously too nice.
a) because I stupidly believe in giving everyone a chance
b) I let anonymous posters post here
c) I used to actually allow auto-registration for my mailing lists until it was abused too many times.

3) Obviously that kindness is being taken advantage of.
a) people who're nice are ALWAYS walked all over. It's some kind of universal law. Like peanutbutter sticking to the roof of your mouth and not having a glass of milk near by.
b) people feel the need to drop nasty little bombs about other people's faith, and do so anonymously without even having the guts to log in or give their own blog name
c) I'm ticked, but still willing to give anonymous posting one last chance so it can't be said that I take things personally, bla bla bla.

4) People who're going to flame other people's faith really should spell words correctly on the first time.
a) this should go without saying
b) way to make yourself look dumb, jerk.

Ok, here's the deal. I believe everyone's entitled to their opinion, bla bla bla. However, I draw the line at religion, and the people who practice their faith-whatever faith that may happen to be-with deep devotion and take it seriously. No one has the right to insult anyone's devotion to their faith. Little people with no belief outside themselves and their own raging egos insult other people's practice of their own faith.

And when you start bashing my faith or my practice there of, I'm going to get uppidy. It's probaby the only thing I can manage to muster the strength to have indignation over now days. Emotions are so tiring.

I only mentioned religion, or of what faith I happen to be, because it happened to be pertinant to the story I was trying to tell there. The situation had more to do with culture than religion, but it was still part of the story. Obviously you, whoever you are, have some kind of beef with my faith. That's fine. I honestly don't care if you believe what I believe or not. However, I am entitled to my beliefs, and therefore your post ticked me off. I'm sure that you feel your belief (or unbelief) is FAR superior to mine. However, if you're going to drop anonymous bombs, you're not, in my opinion, entitled to bash my faith. That's the sign of a coward who likes to hit and run instead of facing whatever situation he may have just caused. God forbid a discussion open or something. Do me a favor--if you're going to flame my life (because that obviously WASNT a flame about my work) have the decency and integrety to log in when you do it.

First offence, you get a nasty post left on the blog about how you didn't have the stones to actually "say it to my face" instead of grafiting my site in the middle of the night. Second offence anonymous posting goes away (basically the next a--hole who does it). Third offence, we go to halo comments.

Have a nice day.

5 Comments:

Blogger Linds said...

... I feel bad now that the link shows my post too... :(

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

::raises hand::


I'm sorry that was me...that sounds so bad reading it again.

I was tryint to make a joke but it sounded funnier in my head than just now when I read it again. I'm really really really really sorry.

please forgive me.

Honestly, I'm soooooooooooo sorry, I t coulda been the cold medication.

if you would be so kind please delete my post...if you can. It's shameful.

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Lois said...

Both you can delete your own comments too, you know.

2:57 PM  
Anonymous lois said...

Just click on the trashcan.

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

even with out a blogspot account?

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home