Tuesday, February 15, 2005

I haven't been up for blogging lately

I guess I haven't had too much to say. My brains are pouring out of my ears and my eyeballs are boiling and about to pop. That's kind of how the last few days have been at work. I did have a nice time in the outsides today, reading. Reading... y'know. A book about writing. Again. Because I couldn't get through Master and Commander. I swear to the Lord Almighty that I tried. I tried REALLY, REALLY hard, but how the hell can someone write this many pages of prose written in such a standoff-ish third person limited point of view. It's like Steven's an observer in his own fricking life. Like Jane Austin, this book makes a better movie than a book. Sigh. I'm a reading failure.

1 Comments:

Blogger KarmaRae said...

I just wanted to tell you, I've been a reader of your blog for a long time. I wanted to wait until I had a permanent blog to leave you a comment, because although I've been on blogger since 2002, lately I've been switching my blogs nonstop. Anyway, my point was I absolutley love your blog. Your entries are always insightful, often humourous, and a joy to read. I subscribe to you with bloglines, an rss feed organizer, so I can stay up-to-date with your entries. And I fully agree with you... both "Master and Commander" and all Jane Austen novels are more fun to watch than to read. The opposite is true with "High Fideltiy". One of the best books I ever read made a mediocre movie in comparison. And I loved the movie, so that's saying something. ;) Cheers, keep blogging!

3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home