Sunday, February 27, 2005

It's not freaking me.

ok. I've had three people tell me this is MY problem now, and I don't think it's me. I've come to the conclusion it's everyone else.

Look, I'm absolutely tired of being told to ignore it, block it, out, pay attention to me, and my problems and my lack of faith or whatever, and ignore the kids, but they're EVERYWHERE. It's not the kids that irritate me, it's their parents and their lazy, give kids whatever the hell they want parenting. I can't fricking take it any more. I'm looking for a new parish. I honestly don't care whether my husband comes with me or not. He likes this parish, fine. I can't block the kids out. You see, I have something to do at church that requires my fricking eyes be opened. I'd also have to plug my ears and my nose in order to block them out.

Ok, so now "girl who eats things bigger than her head" was at the 11 today, and of course she was eating. God knows a 5 yr old can't POSSIBLY go an hour without food (then wonder why your kid ends up binging and purging in high school). I also know that people can't be bothered to dress up for church weekly, much less on holidays. However, I'd like people to GET DRESSED for church. You know, put on clothes?? I know. I'm picky. This is not the first time this girl and her brother have been in PJ's at mass. If 11am is too fricking early for your kid to eat breakfast before she comes and actually get dressed, then maybe you should try the 12pm at the bottom of the hill, the 1pm on the other side of the valley, the 6pm in the city, the 7:45pm a mile down from that, or, if you are absolutely incapable of getting your ass rolling before 9:45 pm, there just so happens to be a mass at the oratory near the cathedral. Do you think you can at least PUT ON CLOTHES!!!???

I'm not asking you to be respectful of God. I understand that you don't understand what this entails. I understand that you're not respectful of yourself or take what you're doing seriously enough to dress up or even behave. However, I would like to live in a world where you have enough respect for me, what I'M trying to do, and MY limited attention span to do things like wear clothes at church, not eat entire plates of pancakes, or let your children spread out with ten polly pocket playsets across the entire pew.

Oh yeah, and while I'm at it...

THEY TOOK THE FRONT OFF OF THE FIRST PEW SO THAT HANDICAPPED PEOPLE COULD SIT THERE. NOT SO THAT YOU, YOUR CHILDREN, YOUR BEST FRIEND AND HER CHILDREN COULD SPREAD OUT WITH THEIR MUFFINS POLLY POCKET PLAY SETS AND COATS ALL OVER THE FIRST FRICKING PEW. YOU PROBABLY ALSO PARK IN HANDICAP PARKING SPACES WHEN IT'S RAINING. DEAR GOD, CAN'T YOU PEOPLE MUSTER UP JUST A LITTLE FRICKING CONSIDERATION.

Thank you. Have a nice day.



See, growing increasingly more and more agitated while at church is sort of the antithesis of the reason one goes to church. And I've tried for a year to just ignore it, be patient, bla bla fricking bla, everyone has their own issue, bla bla ficking bla. However, I've reached the end of my patience level. I was talking to an elderly choir member who was just as upset. Her children ALSO managed to live at church without toys and food for an hour. This isn't a phenomonon that existed solely in my household. It really IS FRICKING POSSIBLE TO NOT STUFF YOUR FACE OR ENTERTAIN YOURSELF FOR AN HOUR. I SWEAR TO GOD.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I don't think this is your problem at all. I think you've nailed it pretty much on the head. Whilst I don't wear a suit and tie to church on Sunday, I don't usually go in a T-shirt, jeans, and flip-flops. And even on the rare occasion that I would I'd still have the decency to pay attention.

[-p]

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home