Monday, March 14, 2005

The Hunger Strike Diet.

I've been thinking about this, and if they pull Terri Schivo's feeding tube, I'm also going to stop eating. a lot of religious groups have been suggesting offering up prayer and fasting for the cause, but I want to go one step further.

I wonder what'll happen when I pass out due to lack of food or water on day three or four. I wonder what'll happen at the emergency room when I tell them that I refuse to take any food. I'm sure they'd send me up to a psychiatric ward as an eating disorder case. And after I tried to sign myself out, because I have a right to refuse treatment, I'm sure they'd talk to my husband, and probably the courts, and try to give him power of atty over me because I OBVIOUSLY am not making sound decisions for myself. Who could be in their right mind, and WANT to starve to death?

Obviously, according to the courts, Terri does. Terri's husband, who they claim makes sound decisions for her, since she is unable to do so for herself, thinks that this is a good decision for her.

Seriously, I wonder how far *I* would get before the decision was taken OUT of my hands and I was FORCED to take sustinance?

1 Comments:

Blogger Abby said...

You took the words right out of my mouth. I couldn't agree with you more.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home