Monday, April 04, 2005

Papa has gone home to the Lord.



I haven't really been able to bring myself to blog about this. I'm very full of mixed emotions. The world has lost a superhero among the good. I think it will be a long time before the world sees the likes of his intellect, understanding, simplicity, conviction and faith again. I do not believe it will be long before he's cannonized. And for all the good he's done on this earth, I can't imagine all the good he'll be able to do praying directly to God in heaven.

But I still feel like I've lost a friend. Which is strange for a man I've never known personally, only through his work in the world. I believe that what we saw is what we got--there was sincarity in him in a world that lacks sincarity. There was conviction in him in a world that changed views with the wind and shirks a tough path. There was also tremendous faith and the type of peace and fortitude that brings. I'd be blessed to have even a fraction of that in my life.

There's also a twinge of fear that accompanies uncertainty. Will the next pope be as great as this one was? I can't imagine so. They're already calling him John Paul The Great. It's hard/impossible to live up to a potential saint. Faith in God that he'll give us the pope we need is difficult. But that's because of my own human weakness.

Eternal Rest grant unto him, O Lord.
Let perpetual light shine upon him.
May his soul and all the souls
of the faithful departed rest in peace.
Amen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another good man goes to God. Reqium In Pace
Henryk_

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home