Friday, April 08, 2005

The upgrade to word heroin

BLOVIATE

It was time for my Word of the Day crack, and this happened to be it. Yeah. This is a good word, and I haven't heard it in a while. It just rolls off the tongue. Sounds very... baroque too. Full of embelishment in red and gold lief with sweeping curves and briary sorts of patterns. And that's just how the word rolls off the tongue :) Go on, say it. Say it with flourish BLOOOOVIIIIAAATTTEEE. It's function in the English language is just as extravigant and flamboyant. WERDS R RILLY GEWD.

Hehe. And on the nights when I really get going on something other than these collage sort of posts, my posts are bloviated. The copious amt of crossing out I've done so far on my first draft is also a testiment to just how um... verbose (that's the kind word) I can be when I have 10 minutes to coherantly string thoughts together (y'know, unlike all these posts). Long winded. Cuz, y'know, it's a bastardization of 'blow.' And all that.

Also, cuz word of the day is a gateway drug, which lead me to getting a second word of the day, and now my obsession with etymology has lead me on to another drug: ETYMONLINE. Like, oh my. How have I ever lived without this? It's hardly complete, by any means, but it has the sweet sweet euphoria of word origins more detailed then those available on m-w and dictionary.com. Sometimes I want to drool or have a Seizure Robots fit.

And yes, I know I need to take up smoking or doing actual drugs as a hobby because the obsession is spiraling out of control.

Oh yeah, and blogger's still being a bitchy gay man and won't let me post most of the time. It's so fickle and needs it's ego stroked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home