Friday, August 26, 2005

If I was a martini, I'd be shaken, not stirred.

D00d. Caffine ROXOR!!!!1111!!!!111 one one one one one. (I can NEVER EVER wear that joke out, I SWEAR). But seriously. I've had 4 hrs sleep. The OT is making me see sea monsters and there's now a pink elephant staring at me from the far end of the office.

So, I've been up since six. Biked for half an hr just to get the blood pumping and the awakeness happening. It's a delema--get up early and bike, or get an extra half hr sleep. Which'll wake me up more? I think in the grand scheme of things, when you're already losing 4 hrs sleep, a half an hr really isn't going to help, and you should at least burn some callories. Which ended up being a good thing. Andy (who's satan incarnate--he has a cubicle stocked full of candy and he's always telling everyone to EAT IT. Evil tempting...) brought in doughnuts--300 calories that probably could have been more nutritionally spent (is that a word?) but it was still yummy in my tummy. They were Dunkin Donuts, and not Krispee Kreme, but still "drool and go into a food coma" good.

I made it till about 1:30 and suddenly I felt like death was imminent. Or possibly preferable. I REALLY didn't see how I'd make it till midnight. I begged James to bring me caffine. But it turned out I just had REALLY low blood sugar. He also brought me food and as soon as I ate, life was peachy keen. Of course, it didn't stop me from drinking the two huge cans of Nos he brought.

I had a break between the two shifts, so I went to the gym. Kicking and punching am bad. Bizzaro not like kicking and punching. Actually, it also roxorr!!11 one one one. Got my blood punping again, but my muscles are a little worn out from this morning. So between the gym and the caffine, I'm a little shaky and my belly's a little topsy turvy.

A Martini sounds like a good dinner. It has an olive in it. That's a vegitable. I think.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Uh, you do know that a shaken martini is weaker than a stirred one? The shaking melts more ice. It's a way James Bond reduces the alcohol-to-water concentration a bit so that he doesn't get as drunk.

6:15 PM  
Blogger TLG said...

Not the point. The point is, I'm shaken, not stirred.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Apparently my humor doesn't come across to everyone. Sorry about that, chief!

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home