Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The illness grows

I think there's something wrong with me. I spent a good bit of the day sleeping because I'm trying to recover from my crazy/wild weekend. Now it's 1 am, and I'm contemplating going jogging. I was actually looking forward to jogging all day. I'm broken in some sort of way.

The only thing that is holding me up is my pretend efforts at doing my homework, and waiting as some CD's rip to my laptop so I can further my attempts to create the perfect workout mix for my iPod. Every day I am closer. Soon the world shall be mine... MOO HA HA HA. I mean... it'll be a really good workout.

I'm ripping Evanescence right now. Yeah, I know that says something about me, that I'm secretly some sort of overly-commercialized closet-goth. But I swear--I liked Evanescence before they were cool. My sister saw them in concert when she was in her phase of going to see bad local bands at underaged dance clubs. I just hope they don't turn into a disney attraction. You know... GothKid(r) THE EXPERIECE.

Oh well. So I'm adding Bring Me To Life to my play mix. I have a cool song from the batman begins soundtrack (out on DVD October 18th) that'll get you pumped while you're running. Pumped so good it's like getting pumped about ninjas from the Real Ultimate Power website. batman's motivational. and stuff. Maybe Bring Me To Life will also be, um, motivational. It did good things for Jennifer Gardner when she was murdering innocent sandbags in that one scene in Daredevil.

I'm gunna finish up syncing and then there's some pavement that needs pounding.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Spring said...

I like Evanscence too, but I didn't even know they *were* cool when I discovered them. That just goes to show what a out-of-touch dork I am. I have no clue what the hell is going on in the music scene.

2:09 AM  
Blogger HMC said...

I admire your dedication for exercise and good health but...it was a freaking hurricane here for the last few days. I can't imagine that it was much better in Pittsburgh. Why would you run in the rain?

Is Chariots of Fire in your playlist? I like to cook dinner to that one but I imagine it's good for running too.

10:39 AM  
Blogger AnonymousCog said...

Right now I'm listening to ZZ Top, "La Grange", one of the finest pieces of guitar rock ever made next to "Oye Como Va" by Santana.

I love Evanescence.

Going Under and Tourniquet were my favorites.

Its nice not to listen to happy music all the time.

AC

7:55 AM  
Blogger HMC said...

I make the weirdest playlists. No one lets me pack my cds when we do roadtrips anymore. I scared my future brother by playing Godsmack "I stand alone" followed directly by William Shatner's rendition of "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds." He's such a square. =)

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home