Sunday, October 23, 2005

Semi-colon hell

I always end up getting the job of proofreading my sibilings papers. For some twisted reason, they think I can write. Yeah, I know. I don't get it either. So I'm reading my brother's paper... bless his little heart... because it's a well-written paper otherwise, but he abuses the semi colon and the colon. It's not his fault. He didn't spend an entire year in an english class that only did grammar in 7th grade (Ms. Fischer, wherever you are, THANK YOU). In fact, his edjumikation in the english dept was severely lacking. Of course, I got an F in 6th grade spelling, so you can see where I'm coming from at least.

IN his own defense, however, he did have a nice use of the word aforementioned, an oft unused or misused snooty way of delving right in to boring subject matter.

When I'm done with this, i'm going to the teddy bear picnick. The one in my head. That I see when I close my eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home