Friday, November 04, 2005

I hate food

I love you Heather, but I could strangle you. I knew someone was going to say it, I'm just sad that it was you.

HMC says:

Have you tried making meals and freezing them?

That's usually the first "suggestion" the health nuts, your doctor, your nutritionist, the nebby old lady at the gym and everyone in between make, when you bitch about lack of decent food and lack of time to prepare it. Mostly the lack of time to prepare it.

In response to lack of time to prepare food: I have absolutely no more time on the weekend than I have during the week. There are always 10 more things I HAVE to do than I actually have time for. Usually I manage to squeeze 8 of those things in. Things I WANT to do, like eat a meal that isn't in the car or at my desk, getting 8 hours of sleep and watching TV shows I enjoy are luxuries. Of course, the tv AND the sitting down to eat experience are tarnished by the fact that I'm multitasking by doing both at the same time, and there's no table in the living room, and I like to eat at an actual table. I have not seen an episode of Alias since the first episode. Not because we haven't been taping it, but because I don't have time for it.

I think the universe hates me.

2 Comments:

Blogger HMC said...

Whoops. My bad. I couldn't help myself. =)

If I suggest Lean Cuisine TV dinners, will you strangle me more? Those take seven minutes to cook and are pretty good for fake meat.

I see problem and must...solve... =)

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Yes - I am a problem solver too. I have offered suggestions & solutions in the past and been "punished" for it. She does not want your help or suggestions. She has already thought about it & heard about it. What she wants at this point is your simpathy.

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home