Sunday, February 05, 2006

My Steelers cookie can beat up your Seattle's Best.

I was over a friend's house for the game, but I didn't get to see most of it. You see, every time I actually *watch* the game, the Steelers do el stinko. The first half of the first quarter?? That was Joel trying to convince me that I am not a jinx, and if I left the room, he threatened to sic Eric on me. But finally I just couldn't take it any more. I sat there, but I refused to look at the place from the moment I saw them setting up until all the screaming and rumbling died down in Kristin's living room. That touchdown they got later in the game? That was when we thought Joel was the jinx because every time he was in the kitchen, the Steelers scored. So I dared watch. And I dared watch the extra point attempt. So, after that, it was no more play-watching for me. I spent a lot of time staring at the carpet, or with my fingers covering my eyes. I do what I havta for my team.

Oh yeah.... and my laptop died today. I guess it was either sacrifice my data, or sacrifice a chicken. While the laptop is regretable because it's an expensive replacement, it's less messy to clean up than the chicken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home